Good health starts with the basics. What could be more basic or holistic than our need for oxygen. We breathe air 24/7 and barely think about it, but oxygen is far more important and precious to our bodies than we could imagine. It’s the one nutrient most people don’t associate with deficiency problems, yet in reality it’s the most vital.
Deep and optimal breathing can become a wonderful tool, helping you to relax and reduce stress, improve your skin tone, sleep better, as well as losing inches and weight.
Most people only use about twenty percent of their lung capacity. Seventy percent of elimination from your body is through breathing. When we allow our bodies to accumulate toxins we are inviting illness and disease.
The more toxic the body, the less oxygen is delivered to cells. Oxygen starvation at the cellular level leads to disease. Conversely, cancer cells cease to grow when blood and tissues are sufficiently oxygenated.
Good news! The body can get oxygenated in many simple ways:
- Highly alkaline diet (80% raw). This raises the body’s internal PH which enhances the transport of oxygen to cells.
- Regular exercise
- Deep breathing
- Consumption of pure water
- Ozone, which is activated oxygen, is sometimes used therapeutically in the home by drinking ozonated water and using ozone saunas
- Aerobic exercise
When we allow our bodies to accumulate toxins we are inviting illness and disease. Medical testing has proven again and again that the missing link in those with Cancer and other serious diseases is simply oxygen.
Some truly remarkable benefits from increasing our intake of oxygen:
- Helps severe panic attacks
- Helps migraine headaches
- Radiant complexion is due to increased blood flow and oxygen rich blood to the face
- Weight control
- Increase in energy
- Reduction of anxiety
- Better sleeping
- Calms the mind and stabilizes the nervous system
- Sharpens concentration, alertness, and memory
- Detoxifies the blood and improves the immune system
- Promotes healing and counters aging
- Strengthens the heart, which reduces the risk of heart attacks
- Speeds up the body’s recovery after physical exertion
- Provides a natural remedy for headaches, migraines and hangovers
- Relieves temporary altitude discomfort and jetlag
- Improves digestion and cell metabolism
- Relieves muscle stiffness and supports pre-athletic performance
Finally, a little-known fact, cancer attacks every organ in the body, with the exception of the heart, which uses an abnormal supply of oxygen.